All or some services included in your water bill are water, sewer, storm water, trash & recycling
To start service at a property in Norwalk, you will need to complete an Application for City Services and pay a $100 deposit. You can complete application in person at City Hall or online at Xpress Bill Pay.
- If you are moving to another property in Norwalk, you may have your deposit transferred by filling out an application at City Hall.
- Any deposit not transferred will be applied to your final bill
The completed application and deposit must be made 24 hours prior to the requested date of service.
Residents moving out of Norwalk will need to contact the Utility Billing Office prior to moving. If an inactive account balance is not paid in full within 30 days, the account will be sent to collections. Municipal Collections of America handles the collections for the City of Norwalk.
Utility Billing Cycle
- Water meters are read on first business day of the month
- Bills are mailed around the 15th of each month
- Bills are due each month on the 4th regardless of weekend or holiday
- A 10% late fee will be applied on the 5th to all accounts that have a past due balance
- Disconnection notices are sent on the 11th of each month
- Water service will be shut off on the 25th of each month if no payment is made & a $50 re-connection fee is assessed
Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card or money order by mail or at City Hall. Customers can also sign up for Xpress Bill Pay for online or automatic payments. You can also download the Xpress Bill Pay app from the App or Google Play Store.
|Other Utility Contacts||Company||Phone Number|
|Emergency After Hours||City of Norwalk Public Works||515.222.3321|
|Electric & Gas||MidAmerican Energy||888.427.5632|
|Missed Garbage Collection||Ankeny Sanitation||515.244.0021|
|Missed Recycling Collection||Metro Waste Authority||515.244.0021|