Below are some helpful guidelines to follow when installing your mailbox. Proper placement will help prevent your mailbox from being damaged.
- Mailbox must be placed either on the north or the east side of the street.
- Position your mailbox 41" to 45" from the road surface to the bottom of the mailbox or point of mail entry.
- Place your mailbox 6" to 8" back from the curb. If you do not have a raised curb, contact your local postmaster for guidance.
- Put your house or apartment number on the mailbox.
- If your mailbox is on a different street from your house or apartment, put your full street address on the box.
Here is a link to the USPS for more mailbox guidelines: USPS mailbox guidelines