Dog License & Dog Park
LICENSES ARE DUE MARCH 31ST.
To apply online for the 2023 dog license and dog park, click the registration link below:
(City Code 57.01)
- All applications require proof of vaccination and spayed/neutered records.
- Every owner of a dog six months of age or older is required to license their dog with the City of Norwalk. The licensing renewal period begins December 1 and runs through the end of March.
- New Dogs - A license may be purchased at any time, without late penalty, for a dog which has come into the possession or ownership of the applicant or has reached the age of six months after said date. Rates are discounted to $5 and $10 after June 30.
- All licenses expire on January 1 of the year following the date of issuance.
Rates and Fees (City Code 177.01)
- $10 per dog if spayed or neutered; $20 per dog if not spayed or neutered.
- Late fee for renewing each license after March 31 is $10.
- Impound Fee for the first impoundment is $75. Second and subsequent impoundments is $150.
- Dogs impounded that have not been licensed will also be assessed a first offense fee of $45.
- Subsequent offenses are $75.
- Unclaimed dogs will be transported to the Des Moines Animal Rescue League at NE 53rd in Des Moines. Phone: 515-473-9102
Lost Dogs/Found Dogs
- Residents should contact Public Works at 515.981.9527 during business hours and Westcom at 515.222.3321 during off business hours to report any missing or found dogs.
Animals Deemed Vicious
City Code requires owners of dogs deemed vicious must license their dog pursuant to section 58.07 and provide a certificate of insurance with a combined single limit liability for bodily injury of $150,000.00. You must notify this agency at least ten (10) days in advance of canceling or terminating the policy.